The patent pending Little Green Pouch (sold in packs of 4) is a reusable food pouch that’s BPA and phthalate free; easy to fill and seal securely by means of a handy zipper; dishwasher and freezer safe; perfect for little hands; and, well, just plain cute.
- Made of durable, BPA-free and phthalate-free plastic
- Holds up to 6 ounces, with fill lines noted on back
- Secure press zipper opening makes filling and closing a cinch
- Cleans easily upside down in the top rack of the dishwasher
- Freezer safe, so great for bulk storage
The best choice over other reusable pouches. If you are considering buying the U Fill pouches… don’t! Yes Little Green Pouches are twice the price per pouch but are SO worth it. One of my Little Green Pouch seals broke just several weeks after using it ( it honestly could have been because I yanked the seal open roughly with impatience rather than being an actual product defect)and even though the company sent me a new 4 pack to replace just the 1 broken one (great customer service!) I thought I would try a different pouch.
Here are the reasons I recommend Little Green Pouch over U Fill:
- U Fill’s Ziploc opens at the bottom. Little Green Pouch opens from the top. U fill leaks everywhere if even the slightest bit of puree gets into the zipper. They leaked all over my fridge shelves and I ended up cleaning puree drips off of every item below them. Little Green Pouch has never leaked, even when turned upside down and squeezed really hard by my 1 year old.
- Because of the zippered bottom, it is impossible to stack U Fill in the fridge neatly. They must lay on their sides and they roll and slide around in the fridge. Little Green Pouch bottoms open up wide so when they’re filled they stand upright, making a neat row in the fridge.
- U Fill materials are flimsy. I can tell they will not last long – I use pouches every day, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day with two children under 2 years old. For these to be cost effective, they need to last a while. Little Green Pouch materials are significantly sturdier. I have run Little Green Pouches through the dishwasher many times and they are still as sturdy as when they were new.
- U Fill doesn’t specify whether these are dishwasher safe, but that’s mandatory for our lifestyle. Little Green Pouches are dishwasher, microwave and freezer safe and are BPA-free and phthalate-free.
Spend the extra money on Little Green Pouches, you’ll be glad you did.
Incidentally, I’m not sure why another reviewer’s expectation was for a valve to be in the spout- these perfectly mimic the pricey pouched purees in the store the kids love so much. A valved spout does not function easily for babies used to sucking, is more involved to clean, and is an entirely different product.
Read more reviews here: http://amzn.to/Xo3cDC